Friday, August 12, 2011

What a Change can do for you / Lo que un cambio puede hacer por ti

I had to move this week. I´m in a different city, with new people, and new goals. It was a huge change. I could see that change from two points of view: first, I could fear the unknown, rely on the old things and mope around when any little thing is slightly different from what I´m used them to be or... I could just live. Walk. Breath. Experience everything as a gift. And enjoy it. I´m risking a lot and yet, I feel I already won. I mean, that rush that one feels when facing the new or the changed could be taken as fear or as a shot of adrenaline, of emotion and excitement... a shot of potential. I rather take it the second way. Own the environment around me...own this city, own my job, and own my life. And live it. A cange can be just what we need. A change can be the best that could happen to us. Let´s open our eyes, our minds and hearts. And welcome the changes hoping and fighting for the best. Bring it!


Picture from: http://davincivirtualblog.com/2009/11/the-more-things-change-shouldnt-you-join-them/

***

Tuve que mudarme esta semana. Estoy en una ciudad distinta, con nueva gente, y nuevas metas. Fue un cambio enorme. Podría ver este cambio desde dos puntos de vista: primero, Podría temerle a lo desconocido, apoyarme en las cosas pasadas y andas todo melancólico cuando cualquier cosa pequeña sea ligeramente diferente a lo que estoy acostumbrado o... Podría simplemente vivir. Caminar. Respirar. Experimentar todo como un regalo. Y disfrutarlo. Estoy arriesgando mucho y, sin embargo, siento que ya he ganado. Quiero decir, esa intensidad que uno siente cuando se enfrenta a lo nuevo a lo cambiado puede ser tomado como temor o como una inyección de adrenalina, de emoción... una inyección de potencial. Prefiero tomarlo como la segunda opción. Adueñarme de lo que me rodea...Apoderarme de esta ciudad, de este trabajo.. y de mi vida. Y vivirla. Un cambio puede ser exactamente lo que necesitamos. Un cambio puede ser lo mejor que pudiera pasarnos. Abramos los ojos, mentes y corazones. Y démosle la bienvenida a los cambios esperando y luchando por lo mejor. Que venga lo que venga!

No comments:

Post a Comment