Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I dreamed of Marbella / Soñé con Marbella

I was walking under the merciless sun in my hometown and I started to have a dream. Actually, it was more like a hallucination, since I was awake and walking and it was like 100 degrees out there. I was lying in a chair -in my dream- watching a gorgeous beach in Marbella, enjoying the sunlight in my face and thinking about things. Then this guy who I´ve never met but I already knew (I know, it sounds odd) asked me about my story. Suddenly, I burst out a very raw, and I must say, short version of how my entire life had been. I can´t explain how therapeutic it was. Although the guy did not articulate a single word, I was listening to everything I needed to hear. It was like I needed all those things to be said out loud. It hit me. We can be in the most uncomfortable situation... I know I haven´t had a crappier year than the one just went by... and while I don´t feel the whole picture changed, I did. We can be in the same exact spot we have always been in, but we can see things differently. Now I realize not only that I have a lot of options in life, but also that they are good options. I don´t have to settle for the "less bad" choice... they are all amazing, and it won´t matter which path I take, it´s going to be epic good.
Then I woke up.. or more precisely, I arrived where I was heading to. I was not in Marbella anymore (well, I´ve never been there anyways) but I think I am in a better place right now, and even if I am not, I see things from a better perspective :)



***

Estaba caminando bajo un sol inclemente en mi ciudad y empecé a tener un sueño. Bueno, fue más como una alucinación, porque estaba despierto y caminando y hacía como 100 grados de calor. Estaba acostado en una silla - en el sueño- mirando una playa hermosa en Marbella, sintiendo el sol en mi cara y pensando muchas cosas. Entonces vino un tipo que no había conocido nunca, aunque de alguna forma ya lo conocía, y me preguntó sobre mi historia. De repente, empecé a hablar y hablar contándole una cruda, y debo agregar corta, versión de como había sido mi vida. No puedo explicar cuán terapéutico fue. Aunque él no articuló ni una palabra, yo estaba escuchando todo lo que necesitaba oír. Era como si me urgiera escuchar todo eso en voz alta. Ahí me dí cuenta. Podemos estar en la situación más incómoda... Yo sé de seguro que no he tenido un año más basura que el que acaba de pasar, y no es que sienta que el panorama cambio, pero yo sí. Podemos estar en el mismo lugar pero podemos ver las cosas de manera distinta. Ahora me doy cuenta no sólo que tengo muchas opciones en la vida, sino que todas ellas son buenas. No me tengo que conformar con lo "menos malo".. todas las alternativas son asombrosas, y no importa que camino elija... todo va a estar gloriosamente bien.
Ahí me desperté, o mejor dicho, llegué al sitio hacia donde iba. Ya no estaba en Marbella (aunque en realidad nunca he estado allá) pero siento que estoy en un mejor lugar ahora... y aún si no lo estoy, veo las cosas con una mejor perspectiva :)

No comments:

Post a Comment